UEFA EURO 2016™ will be the biggest tournament of its kind, with eight more teams and 20 more matches than in 2012. Given England, Wales and Northern Ireland’s involvement, and the perennially-high hopes of the nation, plus the pub-friendly times of the matches – there are more reasons than ever for our pubs to believe this summer.
Here are our top 5 tips for a successful tournament:
1. For football fans, sound and visual quality is the utmost important factor to get them off the sofa and into the pub, so get it right! They also want social banter, atmosphere and excitement.
2. 77% of people claim if there was no queuing at the bar they would be more encouraged to watch football at the pub, so make sure you have enough staff. Also, a prompt ‘clean-up’ will encourage more to stay after the match.
3. Available seating, table service and the ability to reserve a table are also key considerations for customers when deciding where to watch the match – so maximise the layout of your venue.
4. Give your punters a reason to stay for longer than the 90 minutes of the match. Pre-match events can drive an earlier arrival, while serving food can help drive a longer dwell time, as well as enhancing a customer’s overall experience.
5. 70% of football fans arrive less than 30 minutes before kick-off – so use social media to shout about what is on, what beers and food are being served, what promotions are running, and share pictures of the build-up to drive more people into your venue.
We can’t tell you who will be lifting the Henri Delaunay Cup on 10th July, however, if pubs get their offering right, they will be the winners this summer!
For more insight and advice on making UEFA EURO 2016™ work for your business, read Carlsberg UK’s UEFA EURO 2016™ Consumer Insights Report at www.carlsbergwedelivermore.co.uk.